What is different with the BubblesPlanner Calendar?
The BubblesPlanner Calendar is designed to simplify the user’s management of Events and Tasks. On the surface, it looks like any other calendar app. Underneath, it is quite a bit different, simplifying adding Tasks and Events to your schedule. You can use a traditional click and schedule approach or BubblesPlanner’s drag-and-drop capabilities from Task/Bubbles view panel on the right side.
There are two types of time blocks in the calendar: time blocks allocated for tasks and time blocks allocated for events.
Note: Events are not tasks. They are just time blocks allocated for specific activity.
In BubblesPlanner Calendar you are managing time blocks allocated for tasks or events. A single task can have multiple time blocks reserved in the calendar.
To access the Calendar view, follow these steps:
- Click the Planner menu icon.
- Click the Calendar tab.
In the Calendar view you see 7-days view: 1- 7 are days of the week.
A. Controls allow navigation by the week (<< >>). Clicking on “Today” button you always come back to current week.
B. Tasks/Bubbles view panel
Tasks/Bubbles view panel
Open a right panel with either a Task list or Bubbles view – you can preview tasks for the current week (+ 2 weeks forward).
You can review the Planner layout in bubbles to have a better understanding of your priorities.
They are conveniently displayed next to your calendar not just for visibility. You can block the time on your calendar using drag-and-drop functionality which will be reviewed below.
Create and schedule a new task
BubblesPlanner simplifies scheduling a Task while in the Calendar view. To do this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the point in the calendar where the Task is to be scheduled and click.
- Click on Task in the dialog that opens.
- Complete the Task in the next dialog providing:
- Select/change a Label.
- Set a level of Effort.
- Complete the date, time, and duration fields.
- Click CREATE when finished
Schedule an existing Task
BubblesPlanner uses a drag-and-drop technique to make scheduling blocks of time to complete Tasks easy. To schedule an existing Task, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Calendar View in the Planner section.
- Click on B in the graphic below to open the Tasks text list view.
- Select the Task to schedule and drag it onto the Schedule to the desired date and time, as shown below.
Note: The color of the Task’s time block allocation on the calendar matches the color of the Task for visual consistency and helps in identifying the Task in the text view.
To schedule multiple blocks of time for the same Task, repeat the process above.
To schedule different Tasks, select one from the list, and drag to the desired position. See the graphic below for examples of items 4 and 5.
Once a Task is positioned, you can move it around the calendar and change the amount of time allocated with your mouse:
- Position your cursor on the edge of the shaded block, and when it becomes a two-headed vertical arrow, click and drag to increase or decrease the time
- Position your cursor inside the shaded block, and when it becomes a hand, click and hold to move to a new position.
Managing task time blocks: Invite others, set reminders, create recurrence
To manage time blocks for Events and Tasks within the Calendar, follow these steps:
- Click on the shaded area of the Task or Event
- In the dialog that opens, you can take the following actions:
- Delete the Event/Task schedule. Note: this does not delete the Task, just the time block on the Calendar.
- Invite people to join you by clicking on + Add guest
- Set the time as a recurring Task/Event
- Set reminders
- Email the Task details.
- Duplicate the time block for this task.
- Click to select a different Task for the time slot
- Open the Task’s Full View.
- Add the time block to your schedule.
- Change the Date, Time, and Duration
- Add comments as needed.
Create and schedule an event
To schedule an event, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the point in the calendar where the Event is to be scheduled and click.
- An “Event” type dialog opens by default.
- Give the Event a title.
- Toggle for a full-day event.
- Provide date, time, and duration details.
- Click CREATE.
Managing event time block
Note: During even edit, you can link any task to it using option 3 in the screenshot below
- Manage event details: similar to time block for task details you can delete, add users, set reminders, create recurrence, emai, and duplicate event.
- Edit even name.
- Link any task to even for reference.
- Change scheduling date, time, and duration
- Add notes to even time block.
Blocking multiple time slots
You can block multiple time slots for the same task.