Use of the space & layouts
Now it’s time to take a look at the BubblesPlanner workspace. We’ll start with the view you’ll spend most of your time with, the Task Management View, shown below.
Keeping with the ease of use and simplicity of getting to know the app, here’s a list of what each area displays and the functions it contains.
- Click on the BubblesPlanner logo, and you will be returned to the Task Management main page view when you are in other parts of the app.
- Click the Life Preserver icon to call up the Help function.
- Search for anything contained in your app; tasks, content, pictures, etc.
- The Pomodoro Method timer.
- You have Notifications, plus shows a running timeline of app use.
- Your profile image represents a Personal space and there is a drop down list of Team spaces, if applicable.
- Click on the Gear icon to go to the Settings for your personal space, Team spaces, the integrated Bookmark manager, or to Log Out.
- Tasks main menu for the workspace selected. It is a place where all tasks and posts are saved.
- Button “+Create task” will create a new Task.
- Click to select Filters to adjust the ways the Tasks are presented (see the selection dialog to the right).
- Sort tasks by dates, name, due date and by its owner
- Task view and access. Click on a Task to open the Right Panel View (covered later).
Task list table
Next, here are the elements displayed for an individual Task.
- Level of Effort (7). Effort levels (from 1 to 9) are discussed in the Tasks and Posts section. The color used in an effort = label.
- Task name and Description.
- Contextual Sticker (visual clue assigned to the task).
- Favorite indicator (blue = marked as a Favorite. Read more here).
- Task Due Date (! Important)
- Task Label with its ID . Labels are the categorization of the task. They are discussed in Labels & Stickers section.
- Access additional options pop-up menu using 3-dot configuration icon. It will open a quick view where you can update progress in % and provide a quick high-level note about the task:
- A. Update progress
- B. Add note
- C. Open task details (right panel)
Mass update of tasks
- Select all Tasks for Mass updates/action.
- Mark the selected Task(s) as Complete in the system.
- Activate a Task;i.e., mark it as incomplete in the system.
- Delete the Task(s).
Click on the Task itself to open the Right Panel View with your editing options.( Read more here)
Right panel view
The right panel has complete task details. You access this view by clicking on the Task you want to work with. The following view opens with the functionality outlined below it:
- Close the Right Panel View.
- The label assigned to the task.
- Button (icon) to complete the task. If the task is completed, it will not be visible in the normal view.
- Open a task Chat session.
- Open Full Task View (below).
- Menu option to delete the task.
- Task Title, editable.
- Task Description, add or edit.
- Assign Task (or change assignee) and add users to share the task.
- Progress bar. Show how much progress has been made (between 0 to 99%)
- Due Date, set or change as needed.
- Tab “Notes” to write unlimited notes.
- Task tab bar allows switching between
Full task view
Here is what you see when you click on the Full Task View icon (7b). The available functionality is outlined below the image.
- Return to the previous view.
- Mark this Task as Complete.
- Click to add an Action Note.
- Mark this task as a Favorite.
- This submenu open has “Delete” option
- Task Title, you can edit if desired.
- Add a description to the Task.
- Access the four different submenus for Task management, categorization, etc.
- Change the task label.
- Select individuals to assign the task to or to share with.
- Chat area. User can collaborate with other users if the task is shared among all team members (users who received and accepted an invitation from you)
- Progress bar (between 0% and 99%)
- Due date